Palliser Bay – Off the Beaten Track
Stunning scenery, sumptuous wine … and seals!
Visit Lake Ferry and the fishing village of Ngawi, and discover stunning views of the rugged Palliser Bay coastline, a destination not to be missed when exploring the Wellington region. Enjoy a close encounter with the largest fur seal colony in the North Island. Visit the Cape Palliser lighthouse, and on the way home stop in charming Martinborough for a world-class wine tasting. Stop for lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel – and perhaps try their famous fish and chips. This tour promises unforgettable memories of New Zealand’s diverse scenery.
• Visit a seal colony – the largest in the North Island.
• Explore a Lord of the Rings site at Kaitoke.
• View the beautiful Cape Palliser Bay Lighthouse.
• Enjoy lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel.
• Delight in wine tastings in Martinborough.
If you are booking for only one passenger please give us a call to check availability before booking.
Departs from the Wellington i-Site at 8.30am and returns at 5.30pm.
***Please note the Wellington i-Site is temporarily operating out of the Michael Fowler Centre due to building strengthening. This tour will still depart as usual from the same place at 101 Wakefield St.
If your booking is within 48 hours, please give us a call to reconfirm your departure point and booking.
Wednesday 20 November - Necessitatibus Perspiciatis Omnis Repudiandae
Sunday 20 January - Ut Quo Numquam Sequi
The cost of the tour includes...
- Comfortable transport - Mini-Van
- Wine tasting in Martinborough
- Lunch at the historic Lake Ferry Hotel
- Visit the North Island's largest fur seal colony
- Visit a Lord of the Rings site at Kaitoke